Thailand travel tips: Thailand is the land of peace and beauty, occupied by ornate temples displaying Buddha figures, beaches, Islands, ancient historical places. It is located in southeast Asia and the center of admiration for millions of tourists. Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, and Malaysia are neighboring countries. Thailand has a tropical climate with an average temperature of 30 °C throughout the year. However, climate changes from regions and has a varying climate in northern, Central and Southern Thailand. The old name of Thailand was Siam. Thailand means the land of the Thai people.
Currency: Thai Baht
Best travel tips for Thailand
If you are planning to visit any place for recreation, adventure, and happiness, then Thailand is the best place to visit either for a week tour or whole vacations. In Thailand, you can enjoy outdoors like Khao Yai National Park, Erawan National Park, Khao Kheow Open Zoo many islands and amazing waterfalls. And Beaches, The best one is Karon Beach, Jomtien Beach, Railay Beach, kata and Patong Beach. In addition to this, you can visit the best restaurants and enjoy the delicious and cultural food of Thailand and make your day by going to Museums and Amusement parks.
Thailand Quick Particulars That You must Know
The tourists having a passport from the US and other countries like the UK & EU are given a 30-day free visa when entering Thailand. Extension in these days is also available But if you stay longer without informing them then At the airport you will be fined about 16$/day.30 days of the free visa is given only 2 times per year. ASEAN people also get the 30 days free visa on entry in Thailand, but in some cases, extension in days in available for them.
If you want a more extended stay there, you can apply for the tourist visa at any Thai embassy around.world.
Note! You must have a passport valid for the upcoming 6 months.
Thailand also has beauty in its climate, and it is different throughout the year. You will find Monsoon(Rainy Season) from July to October. However, the temperature is also higher in these months. There are higher rainfall showers but for short times. So if you want to make a visit to Thailand for a concise duration, then you can also visit it comfortably in Monsoon months.
Weather from November to March is Dry, and you can enjoy the visit to the island and other places. And this season is also best if you want to have perfect adorable pictures. And it is the best time to visit Thailand.
The National Language of Thailand is Thai, But as Thailand is the center of attraction for millions of tourists and people are involved in tourist activities. So you can find people speaking English in Thailand restaurants and other visiting places. But in Northern Thailand and its rural areas, you will face difficulty in finding people speaking English. For guidelines, you can learn basic Thai language sentences only for your ease.
It is very easy and cost-effective if you want to travel across Thailand. Besides the personal transport that you own on rent, public transport is also available that is budget freely, and you can afford it if you are visiting Thailand with a minimum budget. For moving in island boats, ferries, and long tails. For traveling to other places tuk-tuks, colorful taxis in except Thailand public transport Sky Train, metro, buses, and Chao Phraya Express boats are available.
5-Thai Cultural Festivals
For tourists, this information is useful if they are visiting Thailand during these hours, they can enjoy cultural festivals and explore much more about the Thail Culture. So
- Lopburi Monkey Banquet (Food Festival): November
- Songkran (The Water Festival): occurs on 13th April and last about 2 days
- Phi Ta Khon (Ghost Festival): 26th June to 28
- Surin Elephant Festival: Third week of November
- Wing Kwai (Water Buffalo Racing Festival)at the end of Buddhist Lent before the full moon night of the 11th Lunar month.
- Yi Peng (Lantern Festival): November
- Phuket Vegetarian Festival:16th to 25th October
- Mekong Naga Fireballs: Late October & early November
- Full Moon Parties: Night of full moon, every month in the year
- Maya Music Festival: December
- Wonderfruit Music And Art Festival: 12th to 16th December
- Boon Bang Fai (The Rocket Festival):1st to 5th May
Thailand travel tips 2020, depicting the best places to visit
1-travel tips about Thailand Northern Thailand
Northern Thailand is temperate and has relatively low temperatures than other regions of Thailand. It is mountainous, and nature explores here showing the beauty of nature. Here you can get the best places to visit if you travel towards Northern Thailand. The following are the Best spots under tips on Thailand travel.
- Make a trip to Thailand Elephant Sanctuary and enjoy playing with such giant animals and you can swim with them and feed them.
- Also, have a flight glancing at endangered gibbons that inhabit jungle canopy. You will also experience beautiful scenery.
- Also, have the Khantoke dinner enjoying dance and music.
- Be sure to visit the more than 700-year-old city segway where you can see the old temples, markets, and landmarks.it is a very charming and safe place.
- Also, enjoy a walk on the waterfall.
- Take the delicious food in Chiang mai and learn to cook
There are also many worth seeing places where you can go and enjoy your visit. Also, act upon the travel tips for Chiang mai Thailand.
itIs the best place for travelers due to the magnificent and worth enjoying things to do here.
- Explore and wander the night markets in Pai where you can get the best items from clothes to food in very reliable prizes.
- Visit the big white Buddha that is worth seeing from the front view
- Enjoy the visit to the Sunset Bar
- Trip the Pai and make sure to enjoy the whitewater rafting and hiking.
Surely, You will enjoy these activities there and will keep under consideration the Thailand solo travel tips if you are moving alone.
Mae Hong Son
- Enjoy the Buat Luk Khaeo Festival in which boys age 10 to 13 wear the costumes and are on shoulders of young ones led to the temple.
- Go to Burmese Temples that are surrounded by the recreational parks and market from where you can buy sweets and clothes.
- Wat Phra That Doi Kong Mu is the best view to visit.
- Shan Villages
- Fish caves
Are the best places that tourists like most and hopefully it will admire you.
- The White Temple Wat Rong Khun sparkles like the moon due to its while color and seems marvelous so you must visit it when you travel to Northern Thailand.
- Visit the Doi Mae Salong and enjoy the delicious food and have nice photography.
- Clock Tower is located right in the main town of Chiang Rai of golden color as an attention puller.
- Fuh Chi Fah the breath-taking cliff in Chiang Rai depicting the island, beaches, and mountainous view.
- Wat Huai Pla Kung Largest Guan Yin Bodhisattva is a famous 9 tiered temple that you must go to enjoy its sparkling beauty.
- Mae Kok River
- Chiang Rai’s Night market
- Except these also visit the Blue Temple, Monkey temple, Pu Kaeng Waterfall and much more heart appealing sceneries.
- Doi Luang Chiang Dao is the best place to camp out and see the sunset and sunrise from the top and also enjoy hiking here
- Wat Tham Pha Plong is an amazing Temple to visit as a tourist.
- Wat Tham Chiang Dao Temple is a beautiful temple with colorful rocks and beautiful statues
- For enjoying the waterfall and having a look on hot water springs must go to Pha Daeng National Park
- Chiang Dao Cave has a minimal entrance fee, and you can visit it with a local guide.
- Chiang Dao Market here you can get everything of your interest and liking.
- Also, go to Arunothai Village and enjoy it.
- Wat Phra That Lampang Luang on a small hill it is symbolic of Lamping province
- Wat Phra Bat Phu Pha Daeng is the unique mountain view and on a cloud-free day seems fantastic.
- You can enjoy horse carriages for the means of transportation in Lamping Horse Carriages. And Lamping is the only town that has horse carriages in Thailand.
- Thai Elephant Conservation Center is a place where you can see the beautiful giant elephants that are kept to take care of them.
- If you want to have your bunch of photographs, then Baan Sao Nak is the best place.
- Chae Son National Park and Dhanabadee ceramic Museum are also the best places to visit in Lampang.
- Enjoy the Vachiratharn Waterfall located in lower slopes of Doi Inthanon
- Have a Yummy Lunch there
- Visit the Royal Agricultural Station
- See the hills and PAGODAS also move across the gardens enjoying the Visit to Northern Thailand.
Best Places to visit in Central Thailand-Thailand insider travel tips
- Erwan Museum Erwan Museums Floors are designed following the three-tiered cosmology of the Hindu-Thai Buddhist concept of Tribhumi and symbolize the universe. A three-headed statue of Elephant is also built there, and a lot of devotees come to worship there.
- Amphawa Floating Marke This market is most popular in Bangkok and is near the “Wat Amphawa Chetiyaram” temple. Enjoy the natural beauty there and also have a boat trip on Maeklong River And enjoy your visit there.
- Burma Railway (Death Railway)It offers a spectacular view, and travelers visiting can also learn about the dark period in history As during world war II Japanese Imperial army used forced labor to build it between Bangkok and Burma. They closed the dead railway, In 1947 when the war ended.
- Also visit the Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, Jeath War Museum, Sai Yok National park to enjoy the Travel to Thailand And for more enjoyment and ease in your journey must follow the essential Thailand travel tips.
travel tips for Bangkok Thailand
- Grand Palace is one of the best places to visit in Bangkok and once it was used to the King’s Home and all the government works were being done there. Beware of the scams outside the palace and only pay the actual entrance fee.
- Wat Pho Having a statue that is covered with gold leaf and seems presentable from a close view. You can see the 108 bowls in the temple, and you can buy coins for it As Buddha completed 108 positive actions in his way to becoming perfect.
- Chatuchak Market if you love shopping then you must come to this market, and you will find a wide variety of every item at very few prices.
- SkyTrain If you want to travel around the whole of Bangkok then you must have a ride on the sky train. From here, you can see the traffic in the city and enjoy the relaxed and pleasant traveling around Bangkok.
- Have food at Chinatown
- Take part in the water fight during Songkran
- Also, enjoy a Boat trip along Chao Phraya River, Siam Paragon,must-visit Bangkok National Museum, Nana Plaza, Sathorn Unique Tower.travel tips in Bangkok Thailand will also provide you much more information about the Visit in Bangkok.
Top things to do in Southern Thailand
- Koh Tao Island is the best and favorite place for the divers who come here for coral formations and exotic marine life. So you must visit this place and enjoy the adorable scenarios and here you can see the famous bull sharks.
- Khao Sok National Park where you can experience the calm and aesthetic sense pondering on nature and also enjoy the Chew Lan lake. And enjoy a happy day on the beach. It’s also the best place for clicking fascinating pictures.
- Mu Ku Ang Thong is a group of 42 islands and is located near to the island of Koh Sumai in the Gulf of Thailand. It covered the greenery and now has been declared as the National Park.
- Ko Phangan it’s a place where full night parties are held in honor of the full moon. This place is popular among international tourists and is a fascinating, adorable and attention-seeking place for its visitors. You can also hike on the various forest trails of the mountainous islands
- Phuket is the busiest visiting place for tourists in southern Thailand. Here you can find great diving spots, lively parties for enjoying. Amazing temples are also present for your more experienced. So you must visit the Pukhett whenever you travel to Southern Thailand.travel tips for Thailand travel tips for Thailand Phuket will be undoubtedly helpful for you during your trip to Phuket Thailand.
- Phang Nga Bay, Similan Islands, Ko Phi Phi, and Ko Lipe are also one of the worthy days making places to go whenever you visit Thailand.
Thailand budget travel tips
You can travel to any place in your minimum and maximum budgets depending on your selection. A trip to Thailand is very cost-effective, and you don’t need so much money if you are with a low-cost budget. Here is the rough budget of the Food, accommodation and transportation expenditures that surely will be Thailand travel tips money saving.
- Accommodation-You can find a dorm room in less than $10 and average hotels in 40-60$ per night. However, you can find the luxury style hotels like Good One Hostel & Cafe Bar (Bangkok), D-Well Hostel (Chiang Mai).
- Foods-you can get the street food at a meager price in less than 1$(30THB), and you can get Khao Soi, Pad Thai and free fruit in less than 50 TBH(1-2$).You can also have a western, Chinese and Indian food ranging from 130- 150 BHT($4-5$).You can have a meal in a restaurant of ranging from 15-20$.
- Transport-minimum cost is for Songthaew (red jeep) that is $0.60, And for Tuk Tuk, it is $1-5 depending on distance,$15 (regular) $20 (VIP) for Overnight buses and for trains it costs $35 (1st class ),$12 (3rd class train) travel tips backpacking Thailand.
travel tips for Thailand -- Best Foods
Thailand is the place where you can enjoy the beauty of nature. Beautiful nature with delicious places is the best combination ever. So enjoy the delicious and tasty foods here. Following meals, you must taste when visiting
- Pad Thai is served as street food in most of the restaurants and by vendors. They take stir-fried rice noodles with chicken, beef, shrimp, scrambled egg, bean sprout, and Vegetables and noodles.
- Guay Teow (Noodle Soup) One of the delicious dishes taken up in Thailand is the soupy Noodles of beef, chicken or pork and topped with dried chilies pepper, fish sauce or lime juice.it can be eaten at any time in the day but enjoyed best at night.
- Tom Yum Goong Is the spicy shrimp soup that has a delicious taste with adorable aroma.prepared by the ingredients like Galangal, lemongrass, chili, fresh lime juice and plenty of fish sauce.
- Som Tam It is spicy green papaya salad classic Som Tam is made of shredded green papaya, carrots, peanuts, tomatoes, dried shrimp, palm sugar, fish sauce, runner beans, tamarind pulp, lime juice, garlic and plenty of chilies. This is delicious, so you must eat it to enjoy it.
- Tom Kha Gai Yummy dish with chicken in coconut soup made up of creamy coconut milk making a sweet soup. Like other Thai foods, Vegetarian option is easily substitutable.
- Laab is the spicy Mushroom prepared with Mushroom, beef, and mint. So, If you like Spicy foods, then you must taste Laab.
- Yam Talay is a spicy seafood salad that is not only delicious but also healthy—prepared of shrimp, squid, scallops, mussels, or crabmeat.
- Pad Phuk Tong is stir-fried pumpkin, available on specific places only order it with rice where you find it. If available must-try.
- Yam Pla Dook Foo is fried catfish with mango salad.it is fluffy and crispy. They take it as a combination of sour, green mango salad with crispy fish.
- Pad See Eiw wide rice noodles are stir-fried in dark soy sauce with chicken, pork or beef and broccoli or cabbage are also added.
- Pad Krapow prepared from minced pork or chicken which is stir-fried with chilies and Thai basil. They serve this dish with white rice and topped with oozing running fried egg.
These are the most liked and eaten foods in Thailand, and you must taste these yummy Thai dishes. We recommend you to have these foods as top travel tips for Thailand. So, You can make your journey presentable.
Thailand travel tips packing
Thailand travel tips packing provides all the detailed information about what must be in your bag when you travel to Thailand.
- Your jeans, shirts, and dresses according to your visit there
- Bring the clothes that get dry sooner if you are doing in wet and cold weather.
- Must take your Cardigan or shawl if you are visiting Northern Thailand because the temperature falls in the evening.
- Also, have a scarf while traveling to temples and other Holy places and your body should be covered.
- Rain Gear(Rain Suit) or Have an umbrella if you are going in Monsoon Season(July-October)
- Pack your all toothbrush, Tooth Paste, Soap, and Shampoo.
- You must bring a swimsuit if you like swimming and want to go there.
- Hiking Shoes
Visiting Thailand: A Beginner’s Travel Guide (Youtube Video)
Thailand travel tips and advice
- Electricity sockets have two outlets and are 220 V. Must bring your Universal travel adapter so you can use your all gadgets without any problems.
- Take off your shoes whenever you are asked to do so. It is in etiquette to remove shoes before entering some places, homes, and restaurants.
- travel tips Thailand safety must be kept under consideration and don’t leave home without travel insurance.
- Buy sim cards while you reach there in Thailand and can get
- Bring insect repellent because you will find mosquitos everywhere.
- Thailand’s Tropical Climate can be brutal, so it must bring sunscreen.
- Many vaccines are needed when you travel to Thailand. It includes hepatitis A, hepatitis B, typhoid, Japanese encephalitis, malaria, rabies, and yellow fever.
- Don’t drink Tap Water and buy it from stores.
- While eating the street food take care of cleanliness.
- Bring a Padlock for the safety of your possessions.
- Avoid the scams
- Don’t feed the monkeys when they are not taking in because they can become aggressive.
- Don’t talk about monarchy and criticize the government.
travel tips for visiting Thailand re given here for your guidance before traveling to Thailand. So, you can easily stay there and enjoy the best tourist places. And your best and HAVE A NICE VISIT IN THAILAND!